Online streaming gave rise to many media players to access your videos, music, and photos on your preferred devices. Not only ingress to your content but also these media software allows you to manage your library in an effective way. There are many media players available for you but Plex stands out among the mob because of its enhanced and upgraded features. If you want to grab an easy solution to access all the content on different devices then no need to go anywhere because this media software does a pretty good job for you.
If you are keen to know about Plex and its functionality then just scroll down and reveal what is it and how does it work. Let’s get started to satisfy all your queries regarding the innovative media tool.
What is Plex?
Doesn’t matter you want to watch a web show, podcasts, photos, stream music and anything else, Plex enables you to access all the content on all the compatible devices. You have to install the software on your computer and then you can play it on any device with internet availability with its app.
Plex supported devices
- Android Mobile
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- iOS devices
- Play Station 4
- Apple TV
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Plex Media server compatibility
This media server is compatible with almost all major operating systems including NAS devices:
- NVIDIA SHIELD
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 router
- Compatible NAS devices
How much Plex costs?
You can download and use this software for free but if you want to enjoy all its amazing features then you have to go for a subscription. The subscription of this service is known as passes and there are three types of pass available:
- A monthly pass costs $4.99
- You have to pay $39.99 for a year
- Lifetime membership costs $119.99
How to set up Plex on your computer?
Before accessing your content on different devices and streaming movies and shows you must have an account. For setting up the software you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to Plex.tv.
- Then choose Signup.
- Now choose from Continue with google, Continue with Facebook or Continue with email.
- Just enter the login information with which account you get started and select a password and finally choose “Create an account”.
After signing up for the software and creating your account its time to download and install Plex media server software so that you can ingress all your stored date from a central PC to all your devices. You need to follow these steps to download and install the software:
- Move to app.plex.tv/desktop.
- Then choose the download Plex media server option.
- After it, you have to choose your operating system.
- Choose Download.
- Launch the downloaded file and finally choose Install.
- Open up the software and enjoy.
Required Plex Apps
As we said above that with this software you have the remote access to your stored content on all your devices. But to access the content there must be Plex app installed and for different devices you can get the apps from:
- Microsoft Store for Windows.
- Google Play for Android phones.
- Plex on the App Store for iOS devices.
- For Amazon Fire on Amazon.
- Get for Roku from the Roku channel store.
- For the Xbox One, you have to visit the Microsoft store.
- PlayStation Store for Playstation 4.
Uses of Plex
- One of the foremost use of this media software is the remote access 0f the content that you stored on your PC. Means if you have installed the Plex software on your computer and also the Plex app on your multiple devices then you can access all your stored data on which device you want.
- Also, your family, friends, and relatives can ingress your content if you allow them.
- Watch movies, listen to music on your desired devices.
Before you go…
Plex is the innovative invention to manage your media library and to get access to all your photos, music, movies, etc on your desired devices. I think after reading the post you can easily set up the Plex software on your computer and with its pass, you can access all the premium features as well.
Have you ever used this software?
Do you want to use it?
Let us know below in the comment section.