With the advancement of technology, a wide array of instant messaging apps came into limelight and in 2013 two most popular messaging apps hit the internet. Can you name them? Whatsapp and Telegram both were launched in 2013 and Whatsapp grabbed the immense popularity. Telegram didn’t get so much fame as WhatsApp but as the time passes Millions of users have adopted Telegram because of its unique attires. Russian brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov were behind the creation of Telegram and the app is available for multiple OS. You can download Telegram for PC, Android, iPhone, and Linux also.
If you are looking for a lightweight messaging app for your PC then Telegram is the best option for you. I am here with the quick ways to download and install Telegram Desktop on your PC/Laptop so let’s go through the post and get familiar with them.
Telegram for PC: Chat Privately
WhatsApp used end to end encryption to safeguard your chats and video calls but you will amaze to know that Telegram was the first which adopted encryption for messaging. There are lots of causes which will compel you to install Telegram for windows such as sync facility, anonymity, reliability, simplicity and lots more. And before installing the Telegram Desktop you must aware of all its features so here I have listed the most unique specialities of Telegram Messanger that will definitely amaze you.
- The foremost feature of the Telegram app is that you can sync all your messages and chats between multiple devices you have.
- Usual messaging apps require disk space to keep the chat history but via Telegram, all your chats stored in the Telegram Cloud and you can access them whenever you need.
- Telegram empowers you to share large videos, documents of every type, without any size limit.
- If your phone’s internet connection is slow then no need to worry because Telegram works even on the slower networks.
- If you love to create and edit videos then here is good news for you: Telegram comes with a brawny photo and video editor tools to make your photos more impressive.
- Not only video editing tools it boasts a wide array of emotions and stickers to make your chats more expressive.
- Telegram is totally free to download and offers you an ad-free experience.
- Encrypt all your chats with 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption.
- If you are concerned about your privacy then Telegram provides you the facility of a secret messaging.
How to download Telegram for Desktop: Easiest steps
After getting familiar with the wonderful features of Telegram Desktop you will not control yourself to download it for your PC. It is pretty easy to install Telegram on PC and if you are not aware of the process then take a look below to know about the steps:
- First of all, open your web browser and type Telegram Desktop in the search bar and enter.
- You will navigate to the Telegram Desktop site and here you will observe the open “Get Telegram for Windows”, click on it.
- This step will download the Telegram file on your PC and after downloading open up the file and install it.
- Installing process is the same as other software.
- After installation, you will notice the app icon on your PC, tap on it to open.
- Finally, click on “Start Messaging”.
- Just like Whatsapp, it will ask for your contact number. Insert your phone number in the given box and create your Telegram ID.
- A confirmation PIN will come on your phone number and for proceeding further you need to enter that PIN.
- In case you have used Telegram before then all your contacts will visible to you.
- That’s it! Now you are ready to message via your
This was our easy tutorial to download Telegram for Desktop/windows/PC…Just download the app and enjoy instant messaging and data sharing. You can enjoy the Telegram while working on other important stuff on PC. Apart from messaging you can edit videos, pictures using the advanced video editing tools of the Telegram. It is very easy to use and fast modern communication service.