Gone are those days when we used to watch movies and shows with DVDs and compact disc and currently everything is within our fingertips. We can watch what we want anywhere, anytime with the availability of internet. Indeed in this digital era, our smartphones our handiest devices and these gadgets serve in numerous ways. To fill our craving for entertainment there are plenty of streaming platforms which allows us to stream and download our desired content. If you are confused between Streaming vs. Downloading and want to know which one is better for you then I am here to vanish your confusion.
Streaming vs Downloading: are both same terms? Are they consume the same amount of data? Just scroll down and get the best answer to your queries.
Streaming vs. Downloading: Difference between both
- 1 Streaming vs. Downloading: Difference between both
- 2 Streaming vs. Downloading: Ability to watch later
- 3 Streaming vs. Downloading: Video quality
- 4 Which is better Streaming or Downloading?
- 5 Our verdict on Streaming vs Downloading
Before considering which one is better for you, let’s check out their meaning:
When you don’t physically store any video or music file on your computer or any other gadget and only watch it via a streaming service then we call it streaming. This process is the same as you watch your favorite movie or show via your television set.
When you copy a file from the internet on your computer, tablet or mobile phone then we call it downloading. You physically obtain the file on your local storage and you can watch it whenever you want. The best thing about downloading is that you can watch the downloaded stuff without any mobile data.
Streaming vs. Downloading: Ability to watch later
You can’t consider downloading is better or streaming is favorable because both have their own flaws and benefits. All depends on your situations how you use them. For instance, if you love a particular song or movies and want to enjoy it again and again then downloading is the best choice for you. After downloading a particular video you can play it whenever you want.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to overwhelm your device by downloading more and more files then streaming is a good option for you.
The best part of downloading a file is that you can enjoy your favorite piece of music or a movie while traveling without the internet connection.
Streaming vs. Downloading: Video quality
Most of the streaming sites offer low-resolution videos to stream and if you are okay with lower quality then streaming is good for you. When you choose downloading then you get the video in higher resolution but it consumes more data when compared with streaming.
You can stop watching the video if you don’t like it but you have to download the full version of the video. If you are concerned about your data consumption and ready to watch blur and low-quality videos then I recommend streaming.
Which is better Streaming or Downloading?
To determine which process is good for you I am going to showcase their pros and cons so that you can easily decide for which one you should go for:
Pros of Streaming
- Free your device from getting full with lots of files.
- You have more choices to watch when compared with downloading.
- Save your data if you can adjust for low-quality videos.
Cons of Streaming
- Internet connectivity is a must for streaming and if all of a sudden your connection interrupted then you can’t enjoy your desired stuff.
- If you love videos in high resolution then many times you have to compromise with the video quality.
Pros of Downloading
- You can watch or listen to your desired stuff whenever and wherever you want.
- The chief advantage of downloading is that you can enjoy a movie, TV show or music on an offline mode.
- Also, you can choose the video quality as per your data.
Cons of Downloading
- For downloading you device must have free space.
- Some programs are not available to download and you will amaze to know that HULU doesn’t allow its stuff to download.
Our verdict on Streaming vs Downloading
Both streaming and downloading consume almost the same data and for one time viewing streaming is better than downloading. Also, it doesn’t acquire your device’s memory. Whereas for offline viewing downloading is better over streaming so the usability of both depends on your circumstances.
At the end of the day, I want to conclude that both have their pros and cons and you can go for any of them as per your preferences and gadget storage as well.
Which one do you prefer to watch videos?
Are you in favor of downloading or in streaming?
Let us know below in the comment section. Stay connected with more valuable updates.