Gaming consoles serve us in numerous ways and you not only play games on them but also enjoy your favorite movies and shows via them. For watching movies and shows for free there are numerous streaming sites available over the web and Popcorn Time secured a renowned place among all. You can install Popcorn time on MAC, iPhone, Android, Windows, etc if you own PS4 then here is good news for you. You can stream Popcorn Time on PS4 also. But how you will do so? Don’t know? Get down and reveal.
Popcorn Time uses P2P file-sharing technique to offer you unlimited movies and shows and downloading it on PS4 is not easy because it is not natively available for sony’s gaming console. But our motive is to make everything easy for you. So folks scroll down and be ready to use your PS4, PS3 like a media center.
Is Popcorn Time available for PS4?
We have already discussed in our previous articles about the legality and safety of Popcorn Time and due to using BitTorrent protocol Sony didn’t allow it for PS4, PS3. Sony is concerned about security measures and the developers of the Play Station know very well that Popcorn Time can put them in content infringement. So there is no dedicated app of popcorn Time for PS4. Means you can’t directly install it on your PS4 and PS3 to enjoy the latest movies and shows.
Don’t disappoint still there is a way with which you can download Popcorn Time on PS4. Plex media player will help you to get Popcorn Time on PS4.
How to download and install Popcorn Time on PS4 and PS3?
Although many app developers are planning to create a native streaming app for Playstation we don’t how much time the process will consume. Why need to wait for a long time when we have an instant solution for you. Let’s check out the easy steps to stream Popcorn Time on PS4 and PS3:
- The first move in order to access Popcorn Time on your Sony gaming console is to install Popcorn Time on your Windows, MAC or Linux PC.
- After it download and install Plex on your PC.
- Now launch the PT app and at the top right corner, you will notice “Settings”, tap on it.
- Under Settings tap on “Show Advanced Settings” option.
- As you scroll down you will get “Cache Directory” navigate it.
- Move to “Users/Username/Documents”.
- Its time to generate a folder and we will name it “PT streaming app”.
- Then open up the Plex media player create a new library and for it you have to click on the +sign. +sign is located at the left sidebar.
- Then you have to choose the “Movies” category and set the path to “Cache Dictionary”.
- Now you have to figure out your IPv4 address and for grabbing it open up terminal by typing “ifconfig” (MAC).
- After searching your IPv4 address here note down it and type it in Play Station 4 or Play Station 3 browser.
- But before typing your IPv4 address make sure you must add “:34000/home/index.html” at the end of the address.
- Bingo! Now Plex software connected with Popcorn Time will appear on your PS4/PS3 screen.
- Stream movies with your gaming console.
Ready to give highest to your movies streaming experience with Play Station 4/3? I know folks you are going crazy for this but what about your online privacy? We are concerned about your online security so it is our strict advised to go for a VPN before browsing the content of Popcorn Time. Free streaming services can put you in trouble as such sites contain copyrighted stuff.
Going for free options is not bad but for an enhanced experience without any buffering, you can opt to subscription-based streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.
How’s the info? Going to apply these steps? Please discuss in the comment box and if you encounter any complexity after accessing PT on PS4 and PS3 then let me know below in the comment section as well.