Have you ever heard the term cross-play? You do not have X-box 360 but your friend has and you both want to play together? Cross-play in Your favourite blocking and Re-Blocking game, Minecraft! Is it possible to play Minecraft on PC and Xbox together? With the increasing popularity of games and gaming consoles, Microsoft has released a Better-Together playing option for players who can play with each other from different platforms and the option is available for Xbox One, mobile devices, and Windows 10 PCs.
Minecraft was released in 2011 originally by Mojang but in 2014, Microsoft bought it from Mojang and now Microsoft owns Minecraft. Though Minecraft has millions of players but Somewhere in mid-2017, it falls down So, in order to regain its demand, Microsoft released a multi-player cross-platform for the demanding Game. Not only the cross-platform but with every new release Minecraft is releasing something new for users, like the latest release is new skins for Minecraft users. Minecraft can be played on the following devices:
- Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition (including Oculus Rift)
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition for iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition for Android
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition for Kindle Fire
- Minecraft: Gear VR Edition
- Minecraft: Fire TV Edition
If you are playing Minecraft on above-mentioned devices then you can Collaborate with X-box players, sync your games together and enjoy the gameplay.
How to play Minecraft X-box one edition on other devices?
- Sign into your console using the account with which you previously saved your Xbox One Edition world.
- Launch Minecraft, and then select Play from the main menu.
- On the Worlds tab, select Sync Old Worlds if your existing games haven’t already been migrated.
- Select the world that you want to migrate and wait for the conversion to complete.
- Your world will now sync to the new Minecraft when you sign in.
How to Play Minecraft for PC?
- First, you need to Download the Application on your system.
- For that, you have to make your Mojang account, Enter your account details and buy the game from there for $ 26.95.
- Install the software on your PC and set up the account
- Insert the USB cable to start the pairing between phone and PC. Then the app will be installed automatically on your phone.
- Following the successful installation and activation, users will receive a window. Just choose “Don’t show again” and click on “START NOW”.
- Now full control of the mouse is in your hands, enjoy playing Minecraft on the computer.
Required conditions to cross-play the game
- On Win10 there exist two versions: Bedrock/Win10 edition (just called Minecraft nowadays), and Java.
- On XboxOne there are two versions: Console edition (deprecated, can no longer buy), and Bedrock edition (and bedrock is a free download if you had a console).
- On Nintendo Switch there are two versions, console edition, and bedrock (and bedrock is a free download if you had a console).
If You have Bedrock on win10, You don’t say what you have on XBoxOne.
If you don’t have bedrock, then download bedrock for free. If you want the Switch to get in too, get Bedrock for it. On each device (win10/xbox/switch), log in to a different XboxLive account. For each account, friend the other two accounts. Then on one device, start a world. On the other devices, that world should appear in the friend’s tab.
Android and iOS phones can also join, as they run the Bedrock edition.
This Cross-play release of Microsoft is a huge achievement. And not only can you play online together – anything you now buy on one of the devices above will be available for you to access when you log into another. That means you can buy Minecraft Coins on iOS and spend them on your Nintendo Switch. It gives flexibility to users(players) and they are happy with it, Like me! So, without the worry of the console you are having, enjoy building world with your near and dear ones.