Want to turn your TV into smart TV? Love to watch videos online? Fed up from heavy and huge sized streaming devices? Then Roku Streaming Stick is for you. Don’t know how to install Roku stick on your television? Just scroll down and reveal the best and easiest way to install and use Roku Stick to watch online videos without any interruption.
Looks like a flash drive and tiny in size Roku Streaming Stick enables you to stream thousands of free and subscription-based channels. Roku is known for its quality products and this device will not disappoint you in terms of quality and uses as well. Being small in size Roku’s streaming stick is really portable and that’s the reason more and more people buying it. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Youtube and many more channels you can stream with Roku.
If your television set has HDMI connection then you can successfully install Roku streaming stick in its HDMI port. If you have headed here then definitely you own an HDMI television so let’s check out how to install and set up Roku’s streaming device on your TV.
How to use and set up Roku Stick?
- 1 How to use and set up Roku Stick?
- 2 Step1
- 3 Step2
- 4 Step3
- 5 Step4
- 6 Step5
- 7 FAQ
- 8 Wrapping up
For setting up the streaming device of Roku you have to go through different steps. To enhance your understanding I have divided the whole process into steps so get familiar with them have a look below:
Connect Roku Stick with your TV
Your first move in order to enjoy streaming on your TV with Roku is to install the stick in your TV’s HDMI port. Insert it in the port first.
After connecting the stick to your TV turn on it. Now make changes in the settings to modify it into the HDMI channel. You just need to press the Source source button of your TV’s remote and then you can make changes.
Set up Roku stick with the guided set up wizard
The guided setup wizard will give you the full assistance to get started with the Roku streaming stick. Initially, Roku logo will appear on your TV screen and after it, setup wizard will take place. So you have to follow these steps for setting the things up:
- First of all, insert the batteries in the Roku streaming stick remote that you get along with the stick.
- Now you are ready to follow on-screen prompts.
- Firstly it will ask you to choose a language, choose your desired language and tap on OK.
- As you know you can’t operate Roku’s streaming stick without the internet connection so next option you will observe is the list of Wi-Fi connections. Select the Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
- Voila, Roku is connected with your network.
Create a Roku account
To stream your favorite channels on your television set with the stick you must own a Roku account. In order to create an account, you have to apply these steps:
- Via your web browser search for myroku.com and sign up.
- You have to fill a registration form to create your account.
- Just like other accounts, you have to insert your name, email, and setting up a password.
- Confirm your password.
- After completing the registration form click on Continue.
- Now create a PIN to determine who can add channels on Roku.
- Then click on Continue again.
- Finally, you will observe the billing info but it is optional. You can skip it if you don’t want to make purchases with Roku.
- You are done.
Connect your Roku Stick with your Roku account
Move to your TV now. We have completed the setup wizard and now you will notice the screen that will ask you to connect with your Roku account. Follow these steps for the same:
- The screen will appear containing a six-digit code, note down it.
- Again type myRoku.com/link and it will lead to you to your Roku account.
- Now enter six-digit code here.
- Your streaming stick and your account have connected finally.
Set other settings
After connecting your Roku account with your magical streaming stick its time to make other changes to get a flawless streaming experience.
You have to choose your desired display type, Audio type, limit ad tracking, setup theme, set time, etc. And then you are ready to add your desired channels on your Roku stick.
1. Will I get all the channels free on Roku streaming stick?
Many of us think that we can stream all the channels on Roku for free. But you are wrong if you think so because you have to pay for certain channels like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, etc.
2. What is the functionality of the Roku streaming stick?
Roku acts like a streaming software and it downloads your desired videos from the internet and avails you straight from your television. Make sure you have a stable internet connection to enjoy Roku streaming stick without any interruption.
3. Can you access Kodi on Roku?
You will amaze to know that you can install Kodi, the wonderful media player on Roku Stick without jailbreaking. Isn’t amazing!!
4. Which is better Amazon Fire Stick or Roku?
Hmm…Amazon Firestick is good but in terms of quality Roku has left it behind in the race and I can proudly say that Roku is far batter than Amazon Fire Stick.
5. What are the free channels on Roku?
You can watch hundreds of free movies, TV shows, and other stuff with the free channels of Roku. Here are the top 10 channels of Roku which are totally free.
- The Roku Channel
- CBC News
- Pluto TV
- Adult Swim
- Tubi TV
- Hoopla…and many more
Ready to stream thousands of free and paid channels with Roku? If yes then order your stick now and enjoy the wonderful era of streaming right from your TV.
How’s the info? You found it informative or not? Liked it or not? Put all your negative and positive response in the comment box as usual. We are waiting for your comments so folks please respond fast…