A streaming platform for games too! Do you want to relax on your couch and play games all day? Stream on Twitch is one of the biggest things turned out for game lovers. Millions of users everyday sign-in on twitch to watch out their favorite tournaments, gaming talk shows and much more. If you are a new user, After reading this, you must have gained some curiosity about Twitch. Here is the complete guide on how you can stream on Twitch.
To Stream on Twitch, a streaming software is needed and StreamLabsOBS is the best one in this aspect. StreamLabsOBS Software saves all the game graphics on the cloud and does everything you need. It is completely free-of-cost and easy-to-use software. Customizations are available too. Download the software and then move to Twitch.tv
Requirements to Stream on Twitch
- 1 Requirements to Stream on Twitch
- 2 Beginners guide to stream on Twitch
- 3 Final words
1) A Perfectly configured Computer
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4670 processor (or its AMD equivalent)
- Ram: 8GB of RAM
- Windows: Windows 7 or newer.
- Graphics Card: It should be strong enough to support game graphics, ideally, one that supports DirectX 10 and up.
- Connection Speed: It should be 3MB per second. The faster your Internet connection, the better should be upload speed.
2) A Twitch Account
Visit the site Twitch.tv to Signup for the account for free. You can apparently add a custom avatar, banner, and description so that viewers can get a little bit knowledge about you. If you want to make sure that all of your broadcasts are momentarily archived for the following viewing, you can go to Settings > Channel & Videos > Archive Broadcasts.
3) A streaming software
The streaming software is very necessary as they can show your gameplay to the world. There is various software in the market but here I am discussing the best two, OBS and XSplit. As already discussed, OBS is completely free to use and XSplit is free on basic but has paid version too to gain more functionality.
You can choose any of the software of your choice but setting up steps are the same in general.
- Collect your sources such as PC, webcam, microphone, etc.
- Laying out how they’ll all appear for the viewer.
- Enter your Twitch account and Go Live.
Twitch’s own streaming software will be released soon, “Twitch Studio“.
4) A good Microphone and Camera
A Good microphone and Camera is the necessity of online streaming so that you can clearly communicate.
Microphone: You can go for Blue Yeti or Samsung Go Mic or Blue Yeti Yano. The microphone must have crisp audio quality and adjustable pickup modes. It will be good if the microphones are portable too.
Webcam: A good picture quality, and Automatic background removal. Logitech C922, Logitech HD Pro C920 or anyone you can go for.
5) Streaming from consoles
Beginners guide to stream on Twitch
1) How to Choose Twitch Channel Name
While choosing a name for your streaming channel you have to keep in view the points like is the name easy to remember, The Name must be long-lasting and should not lose its identity after years. And, you must-have social media channels with the same name. Choose a name that is best suited for you.
2) Signing up for Twitch
Go to Twitch TV and Signup for free. Share your account details with friend and family to connect with them.
3) Setting up Twitch page
1. Download and Install a broadcasting app on your PC.
2. Log in to your account on Twitch.tv.
3. Go to your profile on the top-right of the screen and select the Dashboard option from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the game you have desired to play.
5. Enter a title for broadcast.
4) Steps to Configure your Stream
1. Open OBS software.
2. Go to Setting and then Broadcast Settings.
3. Select Twitch as your Streaming Service and then start optimizing.
4. Now go to Twitch dashboard again and choose Stream Key. Follow the prompts!
5. Copy and paste the prompted code into the Stream Key area in the Broadcast Settings menu. Then, click OK.
5) Setting the Scene and Going Live
1. On the main OBS interface, go to Sources box. Select Add then click on Game Capture.
2. Select your favorite game, the one you want to play, from the drop-down menu and press OK.
3. Click on the Sources box again to add additional information, you can completely customize your layout from here.
4. Click on Preview Stream and Edit Scene to tweak your stream layout to your liking.
5. Select Start Streaming on the OBS dashboard. GO live! Good luck!
Twitch TV is a great option for you if you are a gamer by birth and loves to play games online. This is the complete guide I have shared in the article will definitely help you out of setting up your system. If you face any problem you can comment back and share your feedback too. In further articles, we will be sharing some tips and tricks too. So stay tuned! Have a good day!