Yesterday Google has revealed that they are going to start a dark theme for Gmail for both Android and iOS users. Dark theme is the hot potato of this year and many browsers, social media sites are adopting this theme and finally, Google has rolled out it for Gmail.
Gmail dark theme would be the most appreciated theme because Google didn’t use the true Black color and it utilized the Dark Gray color. The search bar will appear in the light Gray. At the start of this year, Google also has presented the new Gmail which made your task easier like finding an email and viewing attachments.
The rollout of the dark theme in Gmail will take almost 15 days to carried out and maybe longer. In the G Suite Blog Post, Google has mentioned that the rollout of Gmail Dark Theme for both Android and iOS users has initiated on 24 September. The feature would be visible to the users within 15 days.
Steps to enable Gmail Dark Theme on Android 10
- For Android Display system you need to move to Settings and set it to the dark theme.
- In Gmail move to Settings> Themes> Dark theme.
Steps to enable Gmail Dark Theme on iOS
- If you use iOS 11 or 12 then navigate to settings> Dark theme.
- On iOS 13 you have to set your smartphone to the dark theme in settings and Gmail by default when the feature will be available it will set.
- On Gmail go to Settings> Theme> Dark Theme.
If you own a Google Pixel device then you can apply the dark theme by enabling battery saver. But folks you would get this visible when the feature would be available.
For the comfort of your eyes more and more apps are switching to the dark mode and recently Google has added this feature in Google Fit, Google Calendar, and Google Keep. Now Gmail is coming with Dark Theme to safeguard your eyes specially in the night.