Minecraft is the most played game in the gaming world, developed by a Swedish game development company. The game is available in two versions Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Bedrock Edition. The best thing about this game is that it is available on all devices. But the game differs on all the devices.
Minecraft has two famous variations, Java Edition and Bedrock Edition. Java Edition is available on computers, whereas Bedrock Edition can be played on all other supported devices. Both these editions are very different from each other.
- 1 Features from Minecraft Java Edition that Bedrock Edition of Minecraft must inculcate-
- 2 Top 5 Java exclusive features players want in Minecraft Bedrock Edition
- 3 Differences Between Minecraft Bedrock Edition and Minecraft Java Edition
5 java edition features to be there in bedrock editions (as per fans)-
Features from Minecraft Java Edition that Bedrock Edition of Minecraft must inculcate-
Debug stick is for changing how a block appears or behaves. Players in Java Edition can get it using the given command. For this, we need to turn on the cheats. Cheats are turned on by hitting the block while holding the debug stick in hand.
Dual wield more items
This feature allows players to hold items in their left hand. In Java, edition Players can have many things off-hand but in Bedrock Edition players can only hold only five items which include a shield, totem of undying, arrow, map, and firework rocket.
In Java Edition players have the option of applying a banner pattern to their shield. This makes the shield look a lot cooler. By placing a shield and a banner in the crafting grid players can create it. Patterns might appear slightly different on the shield.
When in the game spectral arrow hits an entity, its outlines start glowing. This is visible through h solid blocks. It is crafted with the help of glowstone dust and one arrow. It has a golden tip and can be very helpful when fighting against mobs on uneven terrain.
Foxes are not available in the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft. Bedrock players can find them only in 1.13, 1.16.220, and 188.8.131.52 beta versions. They spawn in the taiga, snowy taiga, and giant tree taiga biome. They are bred with the help of players using sweet berries or glow berries.
Top 5 Java exclusive features players want in Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Improved mob spawning
Players often complain about mob spawning. It is all scattered and messed up in Bedrock Edition. In Bedrock edition players may not encounter any hostile mobs while exploring cave buttons of monsters that would have spawned in one corner of the cave.
Mob farms can be pretty daunting and annoying in Minecraft Bedrock whereas, in Java Edition, mob spawning is much organized and perfect.
The main problem with the Minecraft bedrock edition is that Minecraft Bedrock Edition lacks many technical features that are available in the Java Edition. The debug screen is one of the many features that must be present in the Bedrock version as well.
In Java Edition, players can hit F3 to find helpful information like coordinates, chunk info, biome name, light levels, and more. In Java, edition Players can also use debug shortcuts to reload chunks, show chunk borders, switch game modes, etc.
Hardcore mode is a Java-exclusive world mode like survival. When creating a new world players have to select hardcore mode. One interesting fact here is that Hardcore mode is the highest level of difficulty available in vanilla Minecraft.
Only one life is available to the players in this mode. If the player dies once they will not be able to respawn back in the world. Additionally, Veteran Bedrock players would love to take up this challenge if Mojang adds it to the other version.
In the Bedrock edition number of problems are present, Pistons move slower, fast tick contraptions are difficult to build, common circuits are complex. On the other hand, Redstone in Java Edition is much much better. Many Bedrock players want the same Redstone as Java Edition.
Like hardcore mode, spectator mode is another interesting game mode available in Java Edition. While in spectator mode, players become invisible to non-spectator players, can pass through blocks, and look at mobs’ points of view.
Though Bedrock players can also use external mods to become spectators. But it is buggy. In the words of the former community manager of Minecraft HelenAngel, spectator mode will get inculcated in the future in the bedrock edition.
The differences between the Bedrock and Java versions can be quite extensive. In order to know which version of Minecraft is right for you, you need to have a look at the features of both versions. Here we will tell you about all the features available in both the versions and the major differences between the two.
- You can customize your own skin – You can download any skin online or you can even make your own
- PC only – Java Edition will run on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Mods – Download community-made mods to change your gameplay experience
- Technologically intense – Java Edition requires higher computer specifications as compared to bedrock editions to run smoothly.
- Java Edition users can only play with other Java users
- There are countless online servers and communities.
Bedrock Versions: Bedrock is the current non-Java Edition of the game.
- You can play Bedrock Editions on many devices or platforms, Minecraft console, mobile, and PC
- Skin packs are available at marketplace so that you can change your gameplay experience
- Bedrock players can play with any other Bedrock player online that is cross-play is allowed
- Bedrock Edition does not require powerful computers or devices to run. When it comes to the operation of the game bedrock edition is much better than the java edition.
- Bedrock Edition has the option to switch to a controller for movement or touch controls if on a mobile device
- Parental controls are easily available in the Bedrock Edition, as Bedrock Editions are connected to Xbox’s services. The online experience in bedrock edition is more heavily moderated and maintained.
There are lo more differences between the two versions, but these are the major ones to help pick which edition is right for you.